Convocation for Catholic Schools
Join us for this landmark moment in the strategic planning process!
Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Birmingham provide an excellent educational experience in the Catholic tradition enabling all students to develop their God-given talents.
The mission of the Diocese of Birmingham Catholic School System is to educate our students to seek God in Truth and for loving service by teaching the message of the Gospel, forming a community of faith, providing the whole child with a Catholic and Christ-centered environment, and inspiring all to reach their full academic and spiritual potential.
- We believe the family, as the primary educator, partners with us in the responsibility of preparing students for a lifelong journey of faith and learning.
- We believe we have the freedom and responsibility to educate the whole child.
- We believe that knowledge of our Catholic beliefs, practices and traditions is critical to students to enable them to develop the moral strength to follow Christ in today’s world.
- We believe active involvement in a variety of liturgical celebrations and prayer forms nourishes each child’s spiritual life.
- We believe that Catholic education requires active stewardship rooted in social justice and civic responsibility.
- We believe a challenging system-wide curriculum rooted in gospel values provides students with optimal opportunities to succeed.
- We believe assessment of student learning should be demonstrated through a variety of activities and opportunities.
- We believe teachers engage in meaningful researched based professional development to improve skills for effective instruction.
- We believe students learn best when actively engaged and motivated to become lifelong learners.
- We believe in providing differentiated instruction so all students will achieve to their highest potential.
- We believe students deserve a safe environment formed from responsible adults and students’ self-discipline.
- We believe fiscally responsible decision making promotes learning.